• Universal packaging type
• Suitable for a wide range of applications from low to high liquid loads, from vacuum to medium pressure distillation, and high pressure absorption and desorption systems
• Available in a variety of stainless steel types, alloys and thermoplastics
• Pressure drop of 0.3 to 1.0 mbar per theoretical level
• The pressure drops to 70-80% and the overflow is about 2 mbar / m
• Minimum liquid load is approximately 0.2 m3 / m2h
• Maximum liquid load up to 200 m3 / m2h (usually in the desorption column)
The new package uses a patented modification, the lower and upper ends of each packaging element. At both ends of each sheet, the corrugation angle with respect to the vertical direction is gradually reduced to zero (see figure). This design modification of the corrugation angle results in a smooth and stable change in the flow direction; like the MellapakTM, it is no longer abrupt. As a result, the pressure drop and the shear force between the gas phase and the liquid phase are reduced, and the gas velocity is lowered.
BX gauge packaging has been successfully used in the industry for over 50 years, allowing for difficult separation tasks. CY fillers were developed for the need for much higher grade separations.